Register for the EmPOWERED To Serve Competition
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 5th at 11:59pmEST
What You Need To Know:
- You can enter as an individual or as a team.
- You can be in ideation mode, a startup currently grinding it out or a company that's been around the block and has learned a few things along the way.
- You can enter your non-profit organization.
- There are no restrictions on the amount of revenue you have earned.
What We're Looking For:
- A clear sense of your understanding of the issues facing the communities you wish to have your ideas implemented.
- Authenticity, passion and clarity of scope (ie., if you come off like a robot, we're more likely to keep it stepping.)
- Why your concept will work and why is this work important to you.
If You Are Chosen as a Finalist:
Here's where things get awesome.
You will receive 3-4 hours of business storytelling coaching and training to help you build a powerful, tear-jerking, revolution starting, 5-minute story. This is a requirement. Entrepreneurs are wired to pitch and this experience, my friend, is a business storytelling competition, where we keep it real.
FYI: Pitching focuses on what you do. Storytelling focuses on who you are.
We'll roll out the red carpet for you, feed you at the gala dinner and set you up with a room at the lovely Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University. You are responsible for creatively organizing your travel to Washington, D.C. (trains, planes, scooters, automobiles, carpool karaoke, rock somebody's travel miles, etc.)
The competition will be live streamed on the Entre-SLAM Facebook page and electronic voting will be open nationwide.
Regarding the Prize Money
50% of the prize money will be awarded the night of the competition. Use it to jumpstart the project. Make every dollar count.
After 60-days, and you can show how your project is having a direct impact on the communities you've chosen, the remaining 50% will be released so that you can keep the trains moving.
Have More Questions?
We're happy to answer any and all of your questions:
Give us a ring at: